Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reflecting on my Tapa Cloth By Tevita




Reflecting on my Tapa Cloth


1. Are you pleased with your Tapa Cloth? why / why not?
I am pleased with my tapa because my flower looks like a star.

2. What did you find easy when you were creating your Tapa?
I found it easy drawing my diamonds because I grew up looking at Tapa cloths.

3. What did you find tricky when you were creating your Tapa?
I found drawing my grid tricky because I tried very hard to make sure all my lines were straight and 3cms apart.

4. If you made another Tapa, what would you change and why?
I would like to change my my four flowers in the corner because I’d like them bigger.

5. Who / What has helped you in creating your Tapa?
Keri helped me with my four diamonds in the middle.

6. Did you use any of your own cultural patterns in your own Tapa? Which ones? What do they mean? If you didn’t use your cultural patterns, what did patterns did you use? Where did they come from?

I used my flower in my Tapa from Tonga. In my culture flowers represent the beautiful tropical island.


7. What geometric elements does your Tapa Cloth show? Reflection, Rotation, Translation.
My Tapa cloth reflects on the Pacific ocean linking our countries together. Both sides reflect each other.

No comments: