Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Caitlin's Recount on the Tamaki River Walk



Tamaki Walkway

It was a calm and cold day. I woke up ready for a massive walk around the Panmure Basin and the Rotary Walkway. When I arrived at school it was sunny. All the classes lined up on the court. Rooms 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 came on the trip.  I felt excited that we were going for a walk. We walked up the driveway. Lavinia, Mrs Eeles and myself were playing a game. The game goes like this, you have to pick a colour (My colour was silver) and if a car comes pass and it is silver that means you get 1 point and it carries on. The game finishes when someone gets 20 points.


When we arrived at the basin Miss Paton gave Angel, Fine and myself a camera to take photos. I took a lot of photos because I wanted to remember the trip. When we got to the basin we had to walk over the bridge. I felt scared because it felt like the bridge was going to collapse. When we got half way around the basin I felt so exhausted. It was like my legs were just going to fall off. Finally we were at the skatepark. We had our morning tea but we only had 20 minutes of morning tea. I decided to have my muesli bar and a drink. “20 minutes is up everybody so could you please line up in the same order as we did before” said Ms Kirkpatrick


It was time to start our walk around the Pakuranga Rotary Walkway. We had to walk across the Panmure Bridge, while we walked across my friend Fine’s hat was blown away on the middle of the road. Everybody started laughing because cars would drive over it and the hat would go back and forth. The next class came past and one of their students lost their hat as well but instead of it going on the road it went in the water so she couldn’t get it back. When we were walking down the hill to the yot club we saw a man spraying his boat, it stunk really bad. Everybody was blocking their nose because of how smelly it was. We walked up a little hill. At the top there was a street but it was a no exit street.



We started walking around, my legs felt like they were just going to fall off. Room 6 was way ahead of us because they were really fit. When we got to this little area where you could sit down Mrs Anderson said that “We need to walk together because Room 6 were way ahead of us”. Room 5 got buddied up with a Room 8 person. My partner was Nazella, she was very funny. “I hope it doesn’t rain” she said. It started to pour down with rain. I was as  cold as an Iceblock. Finally we arrived at the Pakuranga Rotary Yacht Club. It wasn’t raining but unfortunately it started to pour down with rain even more than before.


We had to go to where the shelter was. A lot of people were using the exercise equipment. The exercise equipment was very weird, but it was very good for you. We were all waiting for the 3 buses to arrive. 10 minutes later 2 buses had arrived. We had to wait for the 3rd bus to come. “FINALLY IT’S HERE” I shouted. Miss Paton thought that we had our own bus to ourselves but we didn’t. We had to share with Room 9. After the 5.5 kilometer walk I felt exhausted. I just couldn’t wait to go home and relax.


No comments: